Custom Search

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In Beauty MedSpa – Anti-aging and Stress Relief

An appointment was booked for me to experience and review the services at In Beauty MedSpa. I was booked for their Zen Hydrating Relaxation Facial which is accompanied by the Alpha LED Oxylight Spa Body treatment. This session lasted 35 minutes, good for relaxation, stress relief and a very refreshing, soothing facial.

In Beauty MedSpa is located in Yorkville, Toronto at 26 Bellair Avenue on the second floor. It is a clean spa with elegant décor and private rooms for your treatments.

The session began with me undressing, covering myself with a towel and hopping into the Alpha LED Oxylight machine. The machine looks something like a tanning bed. For 15 minutes, Wren, my esthetician cleansed and massaged my face with a cleansing cream made of botanical extracts and then applied a gentle exfoliator made of Quartz Peel from Switzerland. She massaged my face for a few more minutes with a pleasant sweet smelling essential oil and then left the room. I was hoping that the massage would have lasted a bit longer but, alas, I had only been booked for a 35 minute session.

You might be wondering what the Alpha LED Oxylight Spa Body treatment is exactly. Invented by Nasa as a pure oxygen infusion and light therapy treatment, it massages, provides pain relief, rejuvenates the skin, assists with insomnia, gives an emotional lift, energizes and provides stress relief. I can definitely say that it does provide stress relief

After 15 minutes, my esthetician returned to clean up my face and applied some vitamin rich anti-aging eye cream around the eyes and a calming herbal moisturizing cream to the rest of my face. She did not do any analysis of my skin or recommend any products or treatments which were supposed to be a part of the facial. This is not a problem for me

Overall, I found the experience pleasant and relaxing, my face properly cleansed and massage and moisturized and my frazzled nerves a little less frazzled. I will be returning to the In Beauty MedSpa to experience more of what they have to offer in the near future.

In Beauty MedSpa
26 Bellair Ave., 2nd Floor
416.929.3313

No comments: